I redid the cover of the acrylic/metal book. For some reason I was just not happy with the way the cover looked with the handmade flower. So, after studying it for a while I thought there was not enough color to help bring out the metal mesh flower. I then cut a flower out of pink paper, from Basic Grey, and put that behind the flower. And there it was, now I can see the flower and enjoy the look more.
As you look through the book to the next set of pages, you will see that I added 2 diagonal metal lines. On top of the metal I used rub ons just to soften the look. Now we are building our acrylic look.
On pages 2&3 you will see the mats that were added. On page 1 this can easily be a journaling page, or add a photo in the box and journal on the pink sides. Either will work. The flower on page 3 is a booklet that opens to show more room for photos.
Plenty of space for large photos.
Same on page 4. I mirrored the images/booklets.
The flowers are raised to give dimension.
The book is really starting to take shape. I was wondering if I would really like it. I do! I didn't know if I would go for the metal and acrylic look. I think on the cover the mesh used behind it adds to the uniqueness of the book. You will not see another one like this. I am building pages 5 & 6 and will post them in a few days. Hope you are enjoying this.
Have a great day and try something new today. Happy scrappin'.
SandraA Proud Member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.