It is my pleasure to bring to you a blog site full of ideas, projects and techniques. Please take your time to go through it. You are more than welcome to use my ideas for your own personal use. I do ask that you do not use my ideas for submissions to contests, publications or to sell. I would love to see any ideas of mine created by you. I will be more than pleased to display them here on my blog. Please be aware that some of my acrylic books have been copyrighted and cannot be copied.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Silver Tape - Mesh - Newspaper





A week ago I had this weird idea to make an acrylic book using "out of the ordinary" stuff. I have finally started. So far I have used metallic tape, newspaper, embroidery floss, button and edgers. Actually I am designing as I work on it. I started out by pulling papers and making my paper quilt. Once I had my colors picked I began to formulate the design. The metallic tape was cut into 9" strips then edged with a swirl edge. Very nice edge. I then attached it to the cover. On the side I used just the plain strip of tape. Over that I attached complimentary ribbon. The flower was then cut out of metal mesh and outlined with embroidery floss. I used super glue to attach it to the 1" paper circle. Another paper circle was put on top and then they were sewn together.
On the page behind the cover I pieced together a flower made of newspaper, attached it and put a mat on top of it for journaling or the name of the book.
That is it so far, I will keep you up to date as I go. Should be fun. Have fun and try something new today. Happy scrappin'.
Sandra
A Proud Member of The Lime Light. Click on over to see what we are doing.

No comments: